Newsletter No 2
THANK YOU. Thank you.
Thank you for generously supporting Uckfield Food bank
Uckfield Divas W.I Donated a grand total of 44.38Kg
Each item given will help us to continue providing emergency food to local people facing crisis. This will help provide approximately 178 Meals
to our local community.
Our pre-loved clothes sale was a huge hit with you all. I do hope you enjoyed the event as it was a lot of hard work for a few people. Thank you Carol for organising this event and Julie for helping on the night.
All donated clothes, shoes and bags have been donated to the British Heart foundation, they were very pleased to receive them.
Would you like another Pre - loved sale?
Our Webpage is now live
We also have Facebook , Twitter, Instagram and a Pinterest page,
like us and follow.
Uckfield Divas Sub Groups
Send a message to your interest group
email@example.com ( knitting sewing etc.)
firstname.lastname@example.org (arts,painting,scrapbooking etc. )
We still need leaders / volunteers for some of the groups to start
The Book club–update:
We will be meeting every other month sometimes day time sometimes evenings. We will chose two books between the group for the bimonthly read however you only need to acquire one book as we will share- and pass around to save cost for everyone. We may read classics, new books or even an old favourite.
The group members have some suggested reads for the summer months. ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’- Harper Lee
‘The Power and the Glory-Graham Green
‘After you’ - the sequel to ‘ Me before you ‘ - Jojo Moyles
Our First BOOK choice is" The one-in-a-million Boy" by Monica Wood. Next meeting is on 23 August 2016 at 10am
For further details contact email@example.com
This looks like a great night out anyone want to go
Date: Thursday pm the 21st July
Venue: Heathfield Community Centre in conjunction with Travelling Trends (www.travellingtrends.com)
They buy current stock from popular High Street Stores together with some more upmarket labels and are on sale at very reduced prices.
Four WI members will be sharing the catwalk and you will then have the opportunity to examine the very large variety of stock - all ages and sizes are catered for and you only buy if you so wish
Cost: Tickets are £8.00 which includes a drink of your choice - wine or fruit juice - and an individual bag of nibbles.
There will be a raffle and tea/coffee/biscuits will be available at the end of the evening.
Who wants to go?
Contact Davina at Secretary@uckfielddivas.org
Tickets are available from
H/Q - Falcon Way, Hailsham, BN27 1HY Tel. - 01323 442592 E MAIL - HQ@ESFWI.ORG.UK
Other Events going on & Messages from our members:
Messages from the NFWI
1.Re: CWGC Living Memory Project
The NFWI has been contacted by the Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) to invite WIs to get involved in its new Living Memory project which is running throughout summer and autumn 2016. The Living Memory project is offering funding and resources to community groups to enable them to visit and remember those buried in local sites in the UK throughout the centenary of the Somme from 1July – 18 November 2016.
Of the 300,000 war graves or commemorations that are cared for by the CWGC here in the UK 2,000 belong to women who died while serving in the two World Wars. The CWGC has produced resources to help WIs identify a CWGC site near them, do some research about some of those buried in that site and stage a commemorative event – in their own way and reflecting their own interests – to remember those who lost their lives in the 141 days of the Somme.
Interested WIs should contact the CWGC directly, via one of the methods below:
Facebook www.facebook.com/CWGCLivingMemory Twitter @CWGC #LivingMemory
Would you kindly pass this information onto your WIs. With best wishes,
Education Grants Office
NFWI Resolution Submission 2016/17
An email from NFWI about submitting resolutions to NFWI for next year. The East Sussex Federation Resolutions Adviser is Stephanie Gaunt, a member of the ESFWI Board of Trustees and Hastings Ore WI. Stephanie is on hand to help WIs formulate a resolution and submit it to NFWI and
can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Following a successful Annual Meeting where delegates passed two resolutions for the WI to campaign on, the NFWI is now accepting resolution submissions for the 2016/17 resolutions process.
• Individual WIs may submit more than one resolution: Resolutions need to be proposed by a member and passed at a WI meeting. WIs can pass as many resolutions as they wish for consideration in the resolutions process.
• Individual federations may submit more than one resolution: Federations can also submit their own resolutions. These need to be proposed and passed at a federation meeting. As with WIs, federations can submit as many resolutions as they wish.
• Federations do not need to vote on or approve each resolution from WIs in their federation: As mentioned in the role of the federation above, the role of the resolution adviser is to help ensure the resolution is worded properly and meets the aims of a resolution. This is a role for the adviser/representative, and does not require a vote from the federation board.
• This year the NFWI will be more proactive on resolution wording and will propose new wording for weak resolutions when they go on the longlist.
• A paper copy of the submission form is not required by the NFWI. If a WI submits their submission through the online form we would just need the resolutions adviser or federation representative to email email@example.com to confirm that they have approved it. It is not necessary for the WI to complete a paper form.
We are hoping to receive as many resolutions as possible this year, so get thinking about the issues that you would like to see the WI campaigning on and submit a resolution.
If you have any questions at any point during the resolutions process please get in touch with the NFWI public affairs team. We are on hand to answer any queries, clear up any confusion, or support you in advising on resolution submissions.
Oliver Hicks-Pattison Research & Campaigns Officer
Leave a Reply.